I absolutely love carbs so I like to experiment with different ones. I was buying pasta one day and I came across orzo. Orzo is actually pasta shaped like a grain of rice.
This recipe is so simple to make. You’ll be getting your veg in too. And yes, it does taste good, it’s all in the seasoning!
This recipe serves 2 and it takes 20 minutes to make.
- 100g orzo (I bought mine from Sainsbury’s)
- A handful of spinach
- 1 Tomato
- Sunflower oil
- Seasoning salt
- Black pepper
1. Cook the orzo in a pan. It’s about 300ml of water for 100g orzo and it cooks like you would cook any pasta. You can just follow the cooking instructions on the packet.
2. While the orzo is cooking, cut up the tomato into small bite size pieces and place on a greased baking. Season with seasoning salt and pepper and roast in the oven. I found that my tomatoes needed 15 minutes at 160 degrees, but that depends on your oven.
3. In a hot pan add a spoonful of sunflower oil and your spinach and cook for 5 minutes
4. Add the cooked orzo to the spinach.
5. Season, season, season 🙂
6. Dish up the spinach orzo and serve with the roasted tomatoes.