This is an easy and delicious snack and great for those of us who have a sweet-tooth!
You can use peanuts instead for this recipe if you prefer it or just want to switch it up a little.
It takes just 5 minutes to make.
- 200g cashew nuts (salted or plain)
- 50-100ml water
- 40g granulated sugar
- A couple of drops of vanilla essence
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- 20g of coconut flakes (optional)
- Put the nuts in a pan on high heat making sure they don’t overlap.
- Add the water. Use more water if you want stickier nuts.
- Add the sugar and stir for a couple of minutes. The nuts will start to get sticky as the liquid thickens.
- Continue stirring and turn the heat down to medium for 2 more minutes.
- Add a couple of drops of vanilla essence, cinnamon and coconut flakes and give it a final stir to make sure that all the nuts are evenly coated.
- Transfer the nuts onto foil or baking parchment paper making sure that there is no overlap and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Tip – You might want to bag these up into little snack portions for when you’re on the go.
CAUTION: Do be very careful as melted sugar is extremely dangerous causing severe burns.